If so, call in Abastra. We have many years in the industry and can help detect and then deal with your asbestos whilst keeping you and anyone in the property safe.
Asbestos is subject to a specific set of regulations; CAR 2012 and regulation 4 contains details of the duty on the owners and occupiers of non-domestic premises, who have maintenance and repair responsibilities, to "assess and manage the risks from the presence of asbestos." The responsible person is referred to as the duty holder.
• Take reasonable steps to determine the location of materials likely to contain asbestos
• Presume materials to contain asbestos, unless there are good reasons no to do so
• Make and maintain a written report of the location of the asbestos containing materials (ACMs) and presumed ACMs
• Assess and monitor the condition of ACMs and presumed ACMs
• Assess the risk of exposure to ACMs and presumed ACMs and prepare a written plan of the actions and measures necessary to manage the risk (i.e. the management plan)
• Take steps to see that these actions are carried out